Distance Learning by TSBVI
- 1. Optical Device Use (63 videos) listed under the new Low Vision section - 9/20/13.
- 2. Changes in APH Ordering - TETN #20432 listed under the new APH section - 9/11/13.
- 3. Deaf-blind Awareness (English version) (14m 31s) y en Español Deaf-blind Awareness (Spanish version) (14m 50s) presented by the NFADB -
listed under Deafblind and MIVI section below - 8/23/13
- 4. TETN Training and Webinar Broadcast introduction by TSBVI Outreach Programs. This is listed under the Video Conferences and Webinars section below - 8/21/13. Section updated 8/30/13 (see important note in bold).
- 5. Tactile Graphic Production documents by Patrick Van Geem from Assistive Technology - 8/13/13 - Updated on 8/22/13
- 6. Helping People Who Are Deafblind Have More Active Lives
by David Wiley from Deafblind and MIVI - 7/1/13
- 7. Under the Documents heading in the Accessibility section:
Making Accessible MS Word Documents by Patrick Van Geem - 5/28/13
- For more new titles please go to our Distance Learning new release page.
- MS Word document: Making Accessible MS Office Documents by Patrick Van Geem ***New***
- PDF: Making Accessible MS Office Documents by Patrick Van Geem ***New***
- How to Install Microsoft Word 2010 Productivity Ribbon Tab by Patrick Van Geem (4m 10s)
- Creating Accessible 2010 Microsoft Office Documents created by a multi-agency (State of Texas) team of accessibility professionals and hosted by the Governor's Office on Accessibility (23 videos)
- Changes in APH Ordering presented by Sue Enoch and Randall McAlister ***New***
- Just another TSBVI Blog: Assistive Technology
Videos and Documents
- Apple iPad with VoiceOver (10 videos) by Sharon Nichols
- Copier with Voice Activation (2m 49s) by Student Christian Manriquez
- MegaDots Braille Translation Software - Using Styles to Format a Document (4m 44s) ***New*** by Patrick Van Geem
- Screen Readers and Braille Displays (10 videos) by Sharon Nichols
- SenseView Duo (8 videos) by Sasha Rangel ***More Videos Added***
- Tactile Graphic Production documents by Patrick Van Geem - 8/13/13 ***New*** Updated on 8/22/13
Assistive Technology Evaluation was designed by TSBVI Outreach Assistive Technology Consultant Patrick Van Geem. ***Revised***
- Changes in the VI Registry and Deafblind Child Count for 2013
Presented by Sue Enoch
TETN: 21243 on 10/31/13. 5 videos (47m 53s) *** New ***
Deafblind and MIVI (Multiply Impaired, Visually Impaired)
- Just another TSBVI Blog: Texas Deafblind Project
- Deaf-blind Awareness (English version) (14m 31s) presented by the NFADB *** New *** - 8/23/13
- Deaf-blind Awareness (Spanish version) (14m 50s) presented by the NFADB *** New *** - 8/23/13
- Handsmatter at TSBVI, 2013 (11m 48s) in collaboration with Guido Dettoni (artist), the Nesher organization, and Texas Deafblind Project *** New ***
- Helping People Who Are Deafblind Have More Active Lives (6 videos) by David Wiley - 7/1/13 *** New ***
- How to Make a Calendar Box (2 videos) by Scott Baltisberger, a VI consultant for TSBVI Outreach*** New *** - 5/17/13
- Introduction to Tactile Symbols by David Wiley, consultant for the Texas Deafblind Project *** New ***
Communication for Children with Deafblindness and Multiple Impairments *** Re-launched *** on 2/19/13 -- is a website created by Texas Deafblind Project consultant Chris Montgomery and TSBVI Outreach VI consultant Sara Kitchen that is designed to be used as an online course for teachers of students who are deafblind or multiply impaired / visually impaired (MIVI).
Cortical/Cerebral Visual Impairment Training developed by TSBVI Outreach Consultant Sara Kitchen with TSBVI Teachers of the Visually Impaired Lynne McAlister and Eric Grimmett, as well as Diane Sheline, Visual Impairment Consultant out of Houston, TX. This training provides an introduction to Cortical Visual Impairment, including characteristics and assessment. In addition, suggestions for practical intervention strategies are provided.
- Just another TSBVI Blog: Family Matters
Personal Futures Planning. This course designed by Kate Hurst, Statewide Staff Development Coordinator, is meant to share information with potential facilitators of the person-centered planning process known as Personal Futures Planning. It contains video clips of an actual planning meeting for Ian, a young man with visual impairments. This module will also be helpful to family and community members who are interested in participating in this type of planning process.
Introduction to Family Organizations
Paths to Literacy - a joint website by Perkins School for the Blind and TSBVI. ***New***
- Assessing the Reading Speed and Stamina of Students with Low Vision
by Chrissy Cowan (6m 59s) ***New***
- Optical Device Use (63 videos)
by Chrissy Cowan and Cynthia Bachofer ***New***
- Abacus: Getting Started with the Counting Method (71 videos) by Debra Sewell***More Videos Added***
- Adaptive Math Tools for the Blind and Visually Impaired, An Introduction (67 videos) by Susan Osterhaus ***More Videos Added***
Orientation and Mobility
- Just another TSBVI Blog: Orientation & Mobility in Texas
- Adaptive P.E. by Elina Mullen (7m 15s)
- TSBVI's presence on this statewide digital resource: Project Share.
- STAAR-Alt Video Trainings by Valerie Bradshaw and Lynne McCalister from the original TETN on 12/20/2012. Divided into 19 parts.
- Mentor Training for VI professionals.
- See Video Conferences and Webinars below.
School-Based Therapy Training Module by Chris Strickling for TSBVI: a primer for occupational and physical therapists (OTs and PTs) regarding how to work with students that have deafblindness.
- Creating Student Portfolios (7 videos) by Eva Thompson-Lavigne and Suzanne Becker ***New***
Video Conferences and Webinars
- Important: Some of our TETN broadcasts and webinars are available for delayed viewing, and you may receive continuing education credit (ACVREP or SBEC) for these events. However, the menu of titles changes from year to year as some have been removed because they are dated and new broadcasts are added.
- Recorded TETN Training Broadcasts
- Recorded Webinars
- TETN Training and Webinar Broadcast introduction by TSBVI Outreach Programs.
- TETN Training Schedule by TSBVI Outreach Programs. TETN is Texas Education Telecommunications Network.
- Webinar Schedule by TSBVI Outreach Programs.
Video Recording your Student or Child
- Flip Camera and Software Playlist (11 videos) by Mike Bicknell